How to use Fritz Slime Out

  • Thread starter Thread starter joe-ejs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joe-ejs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2020
Messages
448
Reaction score
99
Location
charlotte
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am using Fritz Slime Out to treat some Green / Blue Cyano. I followed the directions for the dosage amount of one packet per 25gl. I just off my UV and my skimmer is running, but open to allow everything to pass through back into the sump, basically running it for the air. I also removed Carbon from the system.

I am not beyond the 48hr treatment period, and prepping to do the recommended 25% water change.

My skimmer is still pulling like crazy (open drain back to tank as noted above).. My question is when I do the water change, will that reduce what the skimmer is "trying" to pull? Will I be able to shut the output drain from the skimme to allow it to do its job?

What should I do after I do the water change? Looking for anyone that has experience using this Fritz Slime Out product.

Thanks in advance
 
When I got the foamy skimmer action, I have a drain plug on my skimmer cup that I hook up a hose and remove water (and foam) from the tank through the skimmer action. Usually takes 5-10 gallons of skimmer overflow to knock out the foam in a ~125 system. Sometimes it takes more, but otherwise doing water changes wasn't as easy to stop the foaming issue.
 
When I got the foamy skimmer action, I have a drain plug on my skimmer cup that I hook up a hose and remove water (and foam) from the tank through the skimmer action. Usually takes 5-10 gallons of skimmer overflow to knock out the foam in a ~125 system. Sometimes it takes more, but otherwise doing water changes wasn't as easy to stop the foaming issue.
Thanks for the info. I will do this tonight. I currently have the waste water drain line from the skimmer going right back into the sump, so I will re-reroute it to a waste container. Good thing I just made extra Saltwater that is ready for use.
 
When I got the foamy skimmer action, I have a drain plug on my skimmer cup that I hook up a hose and remove water (and foam) from the tank through the skimmer action. Usually takes 5-10 gallons of skimmer overflow to knock out the foam in a ~125 system. Sometimes it takes more, but otherwise doing water changes wasn't as easy to stop the foaming issue.
So I drained about 6-7 gallons of waste water from the skimmer, with no improvement on the foaming. It is still overflowing where I have to keep the skimmer cup drain open. I did add my carbon back online last night. Is there anything I should be doing to get my skimmer operating normal again? Will the carbon pull the remnants of the "Slime out" product from my system and/or the organics increase?
 
So I drained about 6-7 gallons of waste water from the skimmer, with no improvement on the foaming. It is still overflowing where I have to keep the skimmer cup drain open. I did add my carbon back online last night. Is there anything I should be doing to get my skimmer operating normal again? Will the carbon pull the remnants of the "Slime out" product from my system and/or the organics increase?
I don’t know how long it will take because it runs foamy until it stops. I would just keep draining through the skimmer and refilling the tank until it stops.
I know that you don’t see improvement but that’s how it works.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new