How to use phosphat-e correctly

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
How would you combat the cyano? I do not want to let it spread

I combatted cyano eventually with an antibiotic: Chemiclean.

Other methods include more flow, manual removal, and reduced organics.
 
How would you combat the cyano? I do not want to let it spread
I do what Randy suggested above: increase flow, reduce organics, and manually remove/siphon away what you can. *When* that doesn't work, then I bomb it with Chemiclean. I used Chemiclean for years before I was aware of the concern of using this product (it's an antibiotic, and some say it can damage your nitrifying bacteria). I now believe that concern is a little overstated. I still use Chemiclean with good results, and no issues that I'd attribute to its use.

That said, there are some who go the "magic potion in a bottle" route, and this video would have more on those methods, though I have no idea if these potions work for Cyano:


Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new