How to use SketchUp ?

Pedal Dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have some advice for using sketchup for a total rookie? I'm searching youtube for good tutorial but have not found what I'm looking for.

I would like to use it for some plans for a complicated steel stand build. Is there a way to plug in a square tubing size and sketch with sticks of that size? Does that question even make sense?

Thanks in advance. I'm new here and I will probably overload this forum with a bunch of my build questions.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CAD software in general requires a lot of practice (I use it daily). I would keep at it with YouTube tutorials and just play around with the tools. Try to replicate something physical that you can measure yourself, like a trinket or something small.

OP
OP
Pedal Dangit

Pedal Dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching and trying this one right now. The problem I run into is I'm using the free web version and this guys is using a different version, makes it a little confusing. and he moves a little fast. I can build a 2x2" upright post 32" high and make it a "component" but I can't figure out how to copy and paste for some reason...

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to triple click on a feature and the connected lines will all be highlighted, at which point you will be able to copy and paste the feature. If that doesn't work, hold down control or shift and click each segment of the feature you want to copy until they are all highlighted, then copy and paste it. Be sure to select the faces of the feature as well if it is drawn as a solid object.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back