How to use the Gourmet Defroster | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Here's a quick one for your Monday morning! :) Today I demonstrate how to use the Innovative Marine Gourmet Defroster to help slow the release of frozen food to your tank and keep most of it going directly to the fish instead of down the overflow or lost in the rockwork!

adroc718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought both the defroster and the algae grazer. Both of the magnets swelled and rusted after a few months time. I contacted IM and to their credit they promptly sent replacements for both. Unfortunately within @ 2 months time both magnets swelled and rusted out again. Both ended up in the trash.

Praveen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video Ryan! I see mixed reviews on this product.. I feed flake food in the morning & frozen on evening. Do I have to modify the Defroster for different use?!
Also, is the magnet rusting issue happens on few items or most of them?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video Ryan! I see mixed reviews on this product.. I feed flake food in the morning & frozen on evening. Do I have to modify the Defroster for different use?!
Also, is the magnet rusting issue happens on few items or most of them?

Thanks! No modifications are needed to change from defroster to feeding ring. You can simply remove the defroster cups and utilize it for flake food! :)

I have heard of others having issues with the magnets, but I couldn't say that it is every one of these defrosters. Zack, here in the office, uses his nearly every day and has not had issues with the magnets. I've personally had one at home and found that the magnets are so strong, if you accidentally let them slam together you run the risk of it cracking/damaging the "feeding ring" portion.

-Randy

Praveen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy for your response !! And sorry to address you as Ryan in the earlier post . Have a wonderful weekend!!

Back