How would set up a saltwater ecosystem tank

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen those videos of people making really cool costume tanks with macro algae and all types of coral and I was wondering I would do that in saltwater
 
If you mean a totally closed system that you do not feed or remove anything from, I think such a tank would have very minimal organisms.
 
I was thinking a tank with a couple fish and a lot foods like pods and other food source with corals and macro algae to make it lush I don’t if it’s considered a ecosystem but I’ve seen some videos of tanks like that
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new