Howdy!

MonsterMush

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all, I am a repeat-reefer living in Dallas. I love the biology of reef tanks, but not too crazy about the plumbing!

I have a post about my 165 gallon AIO setup in the New Reefers forum, if that sort of thing tickles your bones.

Reefer out!
Props on the 165. They say everything is bigger in Texas! Welcome to the REEF!!

OP
OP
Gogol_frag

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Props on the 165. They say everything is bigger in Texas! Welcome to the REEF!!
Hahahaha ... that is true! Also, really good BBQ down here. It's a great place to live in, with really warm people, but its not necessarily the best vacation-spot. That's the way I look at it. The closest interesting spot to vacation is perhaps Schlitterbahn or New Orleans.

Really good airport at Dallas too if your work takes you flying across the nation.

OP
OP
Gogol_frag

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef 2 reef!! Yeah plumbing can get messy and annoying! I had to rebuild my PVC three or four times :/ the more you learn lol if u need anything let us know!!
Right on sir!! I am thinking the All-in-One setup will be cheaper than marriage counselling (due to the inevitabile mess and leaks, and God forbid the floods). Also, I have 4 x Poseidon Reef PhytoTanks and One ReefNutrition Rotifer-Bucket that I likely need to conceal if they have any hopes of surviving my curious Poodle. So, All-In-One seems to be a good way to get everyone to warm up, and myself into the routine.

Once the tank is stable, I can get my LFS to drill the tank and install a Shadow Overflow. The cabinet is for Peninsula-style. So Hopefully will still work out.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fishy family!! 165 gallon is a big tank... sounds awesome!! Reefer out!
Im Out GIF by M&M’S Chocolate

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on sir!! I am thinking the All-in-One setup will be cheaper than marriage counselling (due to the inevitabile mess and leaks, and God forbid the floods). Also, I have 4 x Poseidon Reef PhytoTanks and One ReefNutrition Rotifer-Bucket that I likely need to conceal if they have any hopes of surviving my curious Poodle. So, All-In-One seems to be a good way to get everyone to warm up, and myself into the routine.

Once the tank is stable, I can get my LFS to drill the tank and install a Shadow Overflow. The cabinet is for Peninsula-style. So Hopefully will still work out.
Shadow overflow sounds really nice! Definitely a cool build. AIO are also pretty nice IMO. :)

OP
OP
Gogol_frag

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re referring to this I think that’s a good price and a pretty setup! Just a stand and it’s good to go!
80FD11D4-6064-4231-BD9D-9AD7862EA9D5.png
Bingo! That picture has the Drop In Kit sitting in a tank. The Kit itself looks like the screen shot below. I was thinking of having two of them for my 165 Gallon tank, with Rox 0.8 carbon, Tunze 9012 skimmer(s) and Santa Minica Algae Scrubber(s).

I am almost deadset on an AIO since my stomach's turning to cheese evertime i am contemplating the vagaries of a return pump on a 165G DT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-124210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210310-124210_Chrome.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 77

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo! That picture has the Drop In Kit sitting in a tank. The Kit itself looks like the screen shot below. I was thinking of having two of them for my 165 Gallon tank, with Rox 0.8 carbon, Tunze 9012 skimmer(s) and Santa Minica Algae Scrubber(s).

I am almost deadset on an AIO since my stomach's turning to cheese evertime i am contemplating the vagaries of a return pump on a 165G DT.
I can’t agree more, everything you just said sounds really nice. I don’t run carbon but I know it works wonders for water clarity and it can suck up tons of bad chemicals and trace elements that can become toxic. AIO is definitely the way to go. No plumbing no PVC no drilling etc etc makes it a lot nicer and clean! You should start a build thread!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back