Howme's Waterbox REEF 70.2 Build

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, stand number 4 also has a problem. There are 2 of the same side panels instead of 1 of each. So it is incomplete and unfixable. I’ve contacted customer service and the president of @Waterbox Aquariums.
I’m completely at a loss.
Oh man....that is a tough one. Hopefully they can remedy the situation quickly. Are the display and sump in good condition?

FWIW, regarding the post above of going to Red Sea as an option, it was a long process but my new display came in in good condition and the system is now up and running. It was slow to get ahold of someone sometimes, but all in all they were helpful and even ate the extra freight to have this new display sent to my door as opposed to a commercial location.

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man....that is a tough one. Hopefully they can remedy the situation quickly. Are the display and sump in good condition?

FWIW, regarding the post above of going to Red Sea as an option, it was a long process but my new display came in in good condition and the system is now up and running. It was slow to get ahold of someone sometimes, but all in all they were helpful and even ate the extra freight to have this new display sent to my door as opposed to a commercial location.
I've received an email from Richard Gilliland, the president of WB, saying "I can certainly understand your frustration, let me consult my team and I will find a resolution we can both agree on." I've not heard from customer service and it might be because Richard intervened. I appreciate the quick response but this whole situation is definitely testing my patience.

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another claim sent in.... Wow, I've got to be the most patient person.
Definitely much more patient than I was! I have quite a few nasty grams in my email outbox leading up to finally getting a water tight display lol

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now for some good news. I've successfully made about 120 gallons of RO/DI water AND my utility pump works great for moving from my mixing storage to another container (DT). Also, leak tested tank and sump and both look good.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, now for some good news. I've successfully made about 120 gallons of RO/DI water AND my utility pump works great for moving from my mixing storage to another container (DT). Also, leak tested tank and sump and both look good.

Woot! Now fill it up! :p

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have a completed, tested system tonight! I feel for WaterBox as they work through some of these troubles, but they have a ridiculously great customer service team and will do just about anything to make sure you get things right! Now to start Reefing!

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been feeling for the last few weeks. I think that the company was lucky to be working with you. Sounds like you handled it well. Personally I would have cancelled the whole thing after the second attempt. I sincerely hope that everything that comes in today is in pristine condition. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been feeling for the last few weeks. I think that the company was lucky to be working with you. Sounds like you handled it well. Personally I would have cancelled the whole thing after the second attempt. I sincerely hope that everything that comes in today is in pristine condition. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

I have a habit of trying to figure out problems in systems or in engineering. By being a customer only, I was paid for my help with Sony, Home Depot, and a few others for figuring out the reasons things went wrong and documenting them. In this case, I only hope my write up I passed on top them will fix the incorrect leveling foot inserts. The stand I have that is missing the 1 wall right now has all the inserts replaced and it is night and day... so much better, I would say even correct!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a habit of trying to figure out problems in systems or in engineering. By being a customer only, I was paid for my help with Sony, Home Depot, and a few others for figuring out the reasons things went wrong and documenting them. In this case, I only hope my write up I passed on top them will fix the incorrect leveling foot inserts. The stand I have that is missing the 1 wall right now has all the inserts replaced and it is night and day... so much better, I would say even correct!

Sounds like you have played the role of quality engineer before :). Overall, it sounds like they have gone above and beyond to take care of you.

Last edited:

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you were able to get thru this, WaterBox customer service seems to do what ever it takes to make things right.

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since WB told me to do whatever with the damaged cabinets, I decided to epoxy and screw and caulk to side panels inside the sump area. It leaves 0.25” for the sump. Haha. But it works and feels much more solid. Also replacing the undersized barbed inserts with a shouldered tapping insert that is sized correctly really has made this bomber.
CCA3EE23-54E1-4B82-87A0-541108A4E462.jpeg

I had so many parts around I had to label what was good and where it was going to be used with blue tape.

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little more progress.
3034C541-DE10-4C57-8EBD-09D113A6DDAC.jpeg
DF71B687-B3DE-465A-B682-067D8FBD3D89.jpeg
D3F37D9E-EB31-4B08-A788-E9F843D52521.jpeg

The controller cabinet doesn’t have the false panel in and... well there’s some work to be done on figuring out layout on that. Also I’m a bit miffed that the finnex heater I got doesn’t disconnect anywhere so I can’t wire it through the controller cabinet. I’m gonna have to think on that one.

Everything has gone fairly smoothly now except the m2 pump barb kit is really too large for the hose that came with the tank. I got it on and over 1 barb, I’d like more but honestly it’s not going in either direct now. Haha

more to come.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back