*** HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT *** Top Shelf Aquatics has acquired Reefers Direct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
TSARDA1.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics is excited to announce that we are growing our company by acquiring Reefers Direct of St. Cloud, FL!

As of today, we are now one company that will continue under the name Top Shelf Aquatics. We can’t wait to share this new chapter with each and every one of you, our loyal customers.

We would like to go ahead and answer a few of your questions by sharing our vision for the future and let you in on a few things that will be happing over the next few months. This transition is going to allow us to provide our customers with an even greater selection of premium corals, a larger array of dry goods, and a superior knowledge base to help you create the reef tank of your dreams. Our immediate focus will be growing the Top Shelf Aquatics store in Winter Park, FL as the Reefers Direct location will be closing at the end of August. We will continue to take care of all of our Central Florida customers while combining forces to better serve our online customers across the country.

We will be broadening our presence online to allow our customers more opportunities to connect and interact with us on a regular basis. Our website, TopShelfAquatics.com, will start to transform into your 1-stop shop for all things reefing. We will be launching a website refresh in the coming months with new features and functions to better your shopping experience.

By bringing together our collective knowledge, industry connections, and diverse livestock inventories, our goal is to position the new Top Shelf Aquatics to be an industry leader in all regards. We invite you to join us on this journey and participate in our growth as we strive to create a company that will set the new standard for what an aquatics company should be.

**Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have as we are happy to answer them for you.

Reefers Direct Liquidation_20.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats Collin and the whole TSA and RD teams!

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With the one store closing are you having many layoffs?

The Reefers Direct location will be permanently closing at the end of August. Steve Bayes, the former owner of reefers direct, is now a partner in Top Shelf Aquatics. He will be bringing over his staff to Top Shelf Aquatics as we will definitely need the extra hands as we rapidly expand the company.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefers Direct location will be permanently closing at the end of August. Steve Bayes, the former owner of reefers direct, is now a partner in Top Shelf Aquatics. He will be bringing over his staff to Top Shelf Aquatics as we will definitely need the extra hands as we rapidly expand the company.

Great to hear and good luck!

Javier Leon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s very nice on keeping the staff, at the end is the staff who is dealing with the demanding customers some good and some BAD, customers come and go, only the ones that feel at home stay, same goes to the staff. The staff member that doesn’t treat the store as his , is definitely not a good staff. Good luck guys on this big move.

ReeFLer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! I drive over two hours just to visit both of you guys from west palm. I’m excited for your future!

anthonywesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news for top shelf aquatic but sad for reefers direct. Reefers direct was closer to my home only 45 minutes drive and top shelf aquatics close to 2 hrs drive.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reefers direct had just opened a new farm system and was only 30 minutes with traffic from WWC!! It was great having two places so close together!!

Were still just over 30 minutes from WWC, just in a different direction. Come check us out!

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the Reefers Direct location is closing down or getting a make over with a new TSA name?
That would be disappointing if it closes in St Cloud! I love that store! I go up their for meetings at my Regional Office. TSA is 45 minites away from me. Grrrrr

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the Reefers Direct location is closing down or getting a make over with a new TSA name?
That would be disappointing if it closes in St Cloud! I love that store! I go up their for meetings at my Regional Office. TSA is 45 minites away from me. Grrrrr

We have decided to close down the Reefers Direct location. We have already begun that process and it will most likely be completely liquidated by the end of the week. We are currently focusing on our new farm facility near our store in Winter Park and will be growing the company from one central location. We hope that you will be able to come visit us at Top Shelf and see what we are working on as we expand both the store and our farm!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back