Humidity issue

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you handle the issue of humidity inside the room where you have your tank or tanks? In my case I have everything in the same room, the quarantines, my main tank and some planes with freshwater but I have noticed an increase in the humidity of my room for some reason, it has been cold in the last few months, I'm currently using my air conditioning but that seems to have no effect or at least a limited effect even with dehumidity mode. I'm thinking about buying a dehumidifier but I have no idea which one would work, my room measurements could be approximately 15' x 10'.

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We use a dehumidifier with a hose ran to the shower drain. Otherwise itll start raining in my basement lol. Been keeping it around 45-50, noticed more precipitation so keep an eye on that

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, looking for an option that is effective for my room, I would have no problem emptying the accumulated water manually, I have no idea about dehumidifiers, I have never used them, and in hot seasons the air conditioning works for much of the day, I live in an area of Mexico where the heat sometimes reaches 38°C, luckily my room is fresh during the hot season but when it's cold there is a lot of humidity, and if I'm thinking about dehumidifiers it means that I'm observing more than normal.

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry for the late reply, air conditioning is a huge help during summer and very hot times. Additionally, the room stores what is cool during these climates, but when it is cold (as it currently is), I have had a certain degree of humidity in the room but this season I have seen more than normal, perhaps double.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a bathroom exhaust fan to remove air from my basement fish room. It specifically sucked in the skimmer exhaust and under the covers of each refugium and/sump using dishwasher exhaust tubing from Home Depot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back