Humidity control

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering how much of an effect would a dehumidifier or air exchanger affect ATO function. If I start pulling water (humidity) out of the ambient air will that allow more evaporation, therefore going through more RODI top off water. I am wondering if it would decrease humidity or simply allow more to evaporate based on air temp, water temp etc. Additionally at what humidity level (currently varying from 58%-62%) would you run a powered vent or dehumidifier.

For the last 2 years I have had my 280 plumbed to a sump placed in my garage and a 50 gal lowboy frag in the garage. With adjusted water levels it comes out to roughly 280g inside and 100 gallons in garage. I am starting to see rust on some of the items in the garage and want to ensure it doesn't get worse.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering how much of an effect would a dehumidifier or air exchanger affect ATO function. If I start pulling water (humidity) out of the ambient air will that allow more evaporation, therefore going through more RODI top off water. I am wondering if it would decrease humidity or simply allow more to evaporate based on air temp, water temp etc. Additionally at what humidity level (currently varying from 58%-62%) would you run a powered vent or dehumidifier.

For the last 2 years I have had my 280 plumbed to a sump placed in my garage and a 50 gal lowboy frag in the garage. With adjusted water levels it comes out to roughly 280g inside and 100 gallons in garage. I am starting to see rust on some of the items in the garage and want to ensure it doesn't get worse.
Rust is more likely to be from salt than water/humidity. I live in Houston and we almost always have high humidity but things don't unexpectedly rust...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%

Back