Hurt my hammer coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter BaraBlu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BaraBlu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was doing a bigger water change and when putting water back in I used my structure as a guide for the water to not disrupt the sand. Well, kinda wasn't paying attention and my hammer got slammed. With two heads one looks like it didn't get hurt much while the other looks horrible. I feel bad and just want some opinions on what to do if I should do anything. I've seen post about just leaving it be to heal and that's my plan atm. Any advice?

PXL_20240724_031156544.jpg
 
Just let it be. The polyp might bail, but the rest of the coral should be fine, I've done the same thing, many of us have. These things happen in nature, and I believe that corals are resilient, in this case, what doesn't kill it will make it stronger
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new