Hurt snowflake eel

Motoxer310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I have a snowflake eel that is somewhere around 18in long that we've had for about a year now and has gotten out on several occasions, with a lid I might add, but this last time he was out for almost 24 hours. Once back in the tank he took a long while to gather his bearings but eventually recovered. He has been in hiding for almost two weeks and just started eating again but as he ate I noticed the top of his head looks like he has rubbed the skin off. Possibly from drying out so badly. My question is has anyone dealt with an eel that has sustained an injury and recovered well? Is there anything special I should be doing to help the healing process? It doesn't seem to bother him and isn't an open wound just being a concerned parent...

20160413_182537.jpg

20160413_182211.jpg

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be keeping an eye for infection if anything. With this being 2 weeks ago you may be in the clear as long as he's eating.

JCOL7403

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi... I have found this blog while searching in the Internet since I have the same issue. I have a SnowFlake Eel and she stopped earing last week. Today I noticed that his body is injured and that may be the reason. He has been active (specially at night) but he won't eat.

Any advise?

JCOL7403

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi... I have found this blog while searching in the Internet since I have the same issue. I have a SnowFlake Eel and she stopped earing last week. Today I noticed that his body is injured and that may be the reason. He has been active (specially at night) but he won't eat.

Any advise?

JCOL7403

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any advise?
By the way... This is a picture showing the injure.

My concern is that any of the tankninmates may have attacked him but the only ones big enough tobheart him are two Blue Trhoat Triggerdish and they just arrived. I will pay close attention to them.
20190123_173449.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back