Hydnophora v montipora question

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a hydnophora, I was always wondering what people meant by aggressive when it came to this coral, seemed pretty chill. Came home to it eating , yes eating, not stinging, a plating Monti I was gonna separate them but I'm afraid to disturb the hydnophora while it's eating and kill or injure it. Anyone have experience separating corals eating each other?
PXL_20230929_233434128.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I have a hydnophora, I was always wondering what people meant by aggressive when it came to this coral, seemed pretty chill. Came home to it eating , yes eating, not stinging, a plating Monti I was gonna separate them but I'm afraid to disturb the hydnophora while it's eating and kill or injure it. Anyone have experience separating corals eating each other?
PXL_20230929_233434128.jpg
You won’t kill it, just use a turkey blaster to blow all the messenterial filaments then move the monti. Hydnophora and galaxea are murder coral and not welcome in my tank.

OP
OP
B

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won’t kill it, just use a turkey blaster to blow all the messenterial filaments then move the monti. Hydnophora and galaxea are murder coral and not welcome in my tank.
I thought I would see a stinger or it would have to touch or something. Wild. Thanks for the info about to move it now

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back