Hydor ATO

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a brand new Hydor smart level ATO for Christmas and I just tried to use it two or three weeks ago and when I put in my sump and turn it on all the lights blink which I think is normal. well when it starts to put water in it hits the max level and keeps going and then it hits the alarm section and it keeps filling so I turn it off. I don't think this is normal or not and was wondering if I should try to send it back or not?
 
That's not normal. perhaps the pump is filling to fast for the ato to read the temp before it hits the overfill section. I use an aqua lifter and it works great. Have you tried a smaller pump? If a less gph pump doesn't work then it may be defective.
 
I had to put a valve on my pump line to slow down the flow, I have 2 and they have been flawless for 90 days so far.
 
I love the Tunze ATO'S

A friend had one like your and had same issues......he got rid of it and went to Tunze...
 
I have this ATO on all 3 of my tanks for over a year ,Love them . wife hates the alarm ! seems to go off at 2AM :) go with the air lifter pump .
 
Been think of getting this one becasue I do not have a sump, so besides using a small pump any other tips to make sure it runs right?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new