Hydra 26 Not Coming On

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a Hydra 26 over my tank. I set up a schedule in the app and on the main screen selected schedule as the input for the light (instead of all on our all off). However the lights aren't turning on even though they should be by the schedule.
When I adjust the intensities, the light adjusts to demo the color. When I select all on or all off it acts appropriately. The time and date are correct. I turned off last schedule just to be sure and it didn't impact it. At this point I'm confused and not sure why it isn't following the schedule I set. Any thoughts? Do I have to push the schedule to the light somehow?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a screenshot of your schedule?

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go

Screenshot_20180811-104843_myAI.jpg

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save your settings on my ai. And try setting up an easy setup schedule see if that works.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's how I initially did it and it didn't work then. I played with the schedule a bit thinking maybe it had to transfer over or something so was just buying time, but it still hasn't turned on.

Gareth elliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1731.JPG

Not at home to play around with mine but some ss of my setup via the cloud.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if I do a new easy setup and leave everything at the default 60% and times, select schedule on that main page, it still doesn't turn the lights on. It's just weird, because the light clearly works and I can turn it on by hitting the all on or even just adjusting the lighting percentages on the schedule. It just won't come on when the schedule button is highlighted.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, I figured it out. The lunar mode was turning itself back on. If I turn off lunar mode, the lights come on. If I turn on lunar mode they go off. However, the time is set correctly to 1145 AM. Not sure why it thinks the lunar cycle should be impacting the mid day schedule....

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, I figured it out. The lunar mode was turning itself back on. If I turn off lunar mode, the lights come on. If I turn on lunar mode they go off. However, the time is set correctly to 1145 AM. Not sure why it thinks the lunar cycle should be impacting the mid day schedule....

You beat me to it! Do you have a time configured inside the lunar mode settings? The reason I ask is because the lunar mode on AI lights is a bit confusing. You would expect that it would operate on a separate schedule with the hours you specify in the lunar mode settings, but what it really does is just apply a lunar cycle of intensity to whatever lights you currently have scheduled to be on with the main schedule. In other words, if you want to use the lunar effect from 11pm-2am, you'd have to figure out what combination of lights and intensity you want during this period and specify that on the main schedule as well. Then with the lunar option toggled on, it'll use these settings, but rotate through a full lunar cycle.

For example, let's speak in broad terms and say you've decided that your lunar cycle is your blue/purple channels at 10%. On the first day it runs, the lunar cycle may be at a full moon, so you'd get the full 10%, but the next night might be a 3/4 moon, so it would run at 7%, then so on and so forth until the lunar cycle is complete and it starts over again. At one point during the cycle, it'll reach a point where there's no moon out and everything will be dark.

I definitely just rambled off entirely too much information, so apologies for being super wordy. I figured this may help someone else understand the lunar option a little bit better, since it's not blatantly obvious. In your case, it definitely sounds like an overlapping lunar schedule which happened to fall on the "no moon" day.

Back