Hydra 32 hd being run by apex

Alstang1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been all over apex page and multiple spots on the web today. Everything is Contradicting the next source I find. Either I’m missing something or there are multiple types of hydra 32’s with some compatible with apex web interface and others not. No matter how many times I delete my four hydra 32’s and reinstall them, they always default back to the Bluetooth mode as opposed to the internet connectivity through my router. Without them talking to my router I can not figure out if apex is going to recognize them or not. I am brand new to reefs and apex, as I just got my tanks in July 2021. All the letters and nomenclatures used to describe all this equipment is still a foreign language to me……. so reading articles with all that gibberish that makes perfect sense to a seasoned reefer just confuses the hell out of me.

1. Can all types of hydra 32 HD’s connect and be controlled through apex web base?

2. Can hydras easily be switched to internet connectivity instead of local Bluetooth?

3. Is there an IOTA for ab+ for 4 hydra 32’s on a 180 g SPS dominant 6ft tank that would make my life easier, as I do not know what’s best for lighting at this point?

4. Is there anyone willing to help a new reefer out with a phone call?

TiA

Al

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Not the Hydra 32 or 64.
2. Not yet. According to AI, it's bluetooth only for their lights (a WiFi update has been "in the works" for well over a year now).
3. Not with bluetooth, no - sorry (the only IOTA compatibility I saw was for the Hydra 26).

AI is owned by EcoTech, and right now none of their lights offer IOTA compatibility through Apex (and it doesn't look like there are any plans to). The only lights that you can definitively control through an Apex are the new Neptune Sky and some of the older AI Hydras (26/52) and EcoTech (G4 with ReefLink).

Back