hydro ATO

acrosps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently Have the ecotech versa dosing kalk. My question, can I use the triple water sensor attached through the sensor input on the hydo so when the sump level is low it will turn on the versa and when it becomes too high it will turn it off. Also does anyone have approx length of sensor cord? Thank you for your input.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly what you want but you can use the ATO output type to turn on when the sensor is dry and it will turn off when it is wet. It will not matter whether it is the regular sensor or the triple level sensor the third level is just an alert level if the water level gets that high. You can also set a minimum on time and a maximum on time for that output I use the generic output for my ATO since with it you can have up to 9 inputs to control a generic output. Below is screenshots of my ATO output that has 4 inputs for control. I have it set to the AND combiner mode so all inputs have to be active to have the output come on. The input 42g Sump level is the water level in the sump. That is set to active when dry. The next 2 inputs are leak detectors and they also are set to active when dry. One is at the tank and the other is at the RODI unit and reservoirs where the ATO pump is located. The last one is a low level sensor in the DI reservoir and it is set to active when wet since if it is dry the reservoir would be low. I have enable advanced settings set to on so I can use the on times. I have a minimum off time set to 5:00 minutes so the output will stay off for at least 5 minutes before it can turn on again. The minimum off time is set to 6 hours.If it goes that long without a top off things need to be checked. This will send an alert depending on alert level set. It will not turn the pump on. It is only for an alert. I have a minimum on time set to 35 seconds so it will run at least that long when it does turn on. I have a maximum on time set to 2 minutes. So if it stays on that long it will send an alert according to alert setting. Also since I have run past max on time turned off the output will turn off and stay off until the inputs go to a state that would normally turn off the output r you would need to use override to either on or off then to auto to reset the maximum on time flag. The alert level is set to orange so in my case it would send a push notification. You can set up each alert differently. There is none, yellow, orange and red alerts. As far as the Versa it would have to be setup to run when powered for the Hydros to control it.

IMG_0631.png

IMG_0632.png

IMG_0633.png

OP
OP
A

acrosps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, yes you have a lot more going on. I’m just looking for on and off, versa on when water level is low and off when water level is high in the sump. I think I would get the triple sensor to alert me if it went too high.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, yes you have a lot more going on. I’m just looking for on and off, versa on when water level is low and off when water level is high in the sump. I think I would get the triple sensor to alert me if it went too high.
There is not a lot of level difference between dry and wet with either, but it may be a little more than the normal sensor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.2%
Back