Rating - 0%
0   0   0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it might be the same adapter (scroll down to the part under "Direct Drive" where it has a link for the direct drive pump adapters.

OP
OP
A

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you’re not right. Sales rep from bulk reef supply told me I could connect the gyre and an ato to the control 2 with no issue.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect a gyre or any other flow pump as direct drive to any of the hydros controllers except the Wave Engine models. That BRS sales rep gave you incorrect information.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you’re not right. Sales rep from bulk reef supply told me I could connect the gyre and an ato to the control 2 with no issue.
The drive port which is on the Control 2 and Control 4 only has two connections one is +12v and the other is ground. You can connect solenoid valves, Hydros ATO and Hydros dosing pumps to these ports. I also have Intllab dosing pumps connected to them but I made my own cables to do this.

The direct drive port which is on the Wave Engine, Wave Engine LE and Wave Engine V2. It has three connections which connect to the coils in the pumps directly. These have the drive signals needed to energize the coils in a pattern that turns the shaft on the motor.

You can connect a Wave Engine and the Control 2 together in a collective using a command buss cable and a couple of terminators if you want. The collective acts as if it is a single larger controller with all the combined ports.

OP
OP
A

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks I reached out to coralvue directly and they helped me out!
7CD24BF2-9211-4222-A2EA-AF0825FA3B30.jpeg

OP
OP
A

aqua.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drive port which is on the Control 2 and Control 4 only has two connections one is +12v and the other is ground. You can connect solenoid valves, Hydros ATO and Hydros dosing pumps to these ports. I also have Intllab dosing pumps connected to them but I made my own cables to do this.

The direct drive port which is on the Wave Engine, Wave Engine LE and Wave Engine V2. It has three connections which connect to the coils in the pumps directly. These have the drive signals needed to energize the coils in a pattern that turns the shaft on the motor.

You can connect a Wave Engine and the Control 2 together in a collective using a command buss cable and a couple of terminators if you want. The collective acts as if it is a single larger controller with all the combined ports.
thanks for the thorough explanation do i need a command bus cable or is this fine. using individual power blockes.

Attachments

• A7117598-534F-4394-AD2C-5DD24B8D76A7.jpeg
    A7117598-534F-4394-AD2C-5DD24B8D76A7.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 73

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have a Wave Engine LE and a X2. To connect them together you will need a control buss cable. That close the 1ft length should be fine. Also you will need 2 terminators and will need to remove the power pack on the X2. The one on the Wave Engine will work for both. The power packs that connect directly to the command buss cannot be used with a Wave Engine or a XP8 connected to the buss. Once you get them connected together you can start a collective. Log into the X2 with the app and then create the collective. Once it has been created then add the Wave Engine. Any setups you have on the wave engine will be deleted and you will have to set it up again. Make some screenshots of the way you have the outputs setup on it so it will make it easier to add those setups to the collective. You can also create a demo pump to use with the schedules so you can set them up before adding the Wave Engine to the collective. Then just switch from the demo pump to the actual output on the Wave Engine once it has been added.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until you get the cables and terminators you can still use them independently. Just remember that any outputs setups you make on the Wave Engine will get erased so you will need screen shots or make those setups on the collective before adding the wave engine.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back