Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a breakout box for my Hydros 4 from Harry Singer Aquatics. looking forward to seeing what I can do with it.

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing something, where do you go to change your WiFi? I had to purchase a new router and can’t seem to find it

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on selecting a new WiFi, but can't you name the new router the same name as the old one for the WiFi. That is what I do when replacing my router. Hopefully someone that knows how to change the wifi on the Control device will see this. It would be nice to know how you can do that.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing something, where do you go to change your WiFi? I had to purchase a new router and can’t seem to find it
Screenshot_20201206-111140.jpg
hit the + and it will allow you to connect to a new network.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a little problem. My hydros 4 us cycling threw all the colors and beeping. Will not go back to status. It was running fine until I tried to install the single outlet.
Reset the system, deleted are re added the Hydros. Original sensor appear. If I try to upload a change it locks up again.
Not a happy camper right now.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a little problem. My hydros 4 us cycling threw all the colors and beeping. Will not go back to status. It was running fine until I tried to install the single outlet.
Reset the system, deleted are re added the Hydros. Original sensor appear. If I try to upload a change it locks up again.
Not a happy camper right now.
Did you try and load a copy from before the issue and go from there? Click on the three dots in the upper right of the app and select device properties from the menu. You should get the screen like below.

63E5256E-C581-40FA-9DB9-370B9FBB0FED.png

Select review archive versions you should get the screen below.

7EAE26F6-ED56-4831-989E-D18AE2AADA4F.png

Select one you are sure was before you had any issues and try and load it. That should get you back to the way it was at that time. Hope this will help. I believe that is what I had to do when I had this issue.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try and load a copy from before the issue and go from there? Click on the three dots in the upper right of the app and select device properties from the menu. You should get the screen like below.

63E5256E-C581-40FA-9DB9-370B9FBB0FED.png

Select review archive versions you should get the screen below.

7EAE26F6-ED56-4831-989E-D18AE2AADA4F.png

Select one you are sure was before you had any issues and try and load it. That should get you back to the way it was at that time. Hope this will help. I believe that is what I had to do when I had this issue.
Holy cow that worked. Thank you so much . Cool beans.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was what I was trying to say on facebook but I guess I did not explain it clearly. Here I just got some screenshots and added them to help explain. Sorry about not being clear enough the first time. After having this happen to me I now always retry the upload when it fails. I don't want to get caught in that loop again if I can avoid it.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I set an alarm on a water level sensor went dry? It's not controlling anything, I just want a reminder to refill my ATO.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to all helping out I have been real busy.
I have been finishing up a few things on my frag system. Plus I picked up a anemone that is going through a cipro treatment. Requires water changes every day.

I also have been testing a few things out for Coralvue. Some have been a challenge plumbing.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How do I set an alarm on a water level sensor went dry? It's not controlling anything, I just want a reminder to refill my ATO.

Hmm good question. Might be something to suggest.
I am going to ask if there is a way.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20201208-085159.jpg

As expected, the graph snapped to a smaller range once the 30 degree temp fell off the graph. I assume it will snap to an even smaller temp range once the room temp readings drop off. (I had it sitting on my desk for a week or so). It was reading 30° to 81° which made it hard to visually read.

My next question is, is there a way to view this graph other than just this screen? Can I pull it in a separate window or something to zoom in on a specific day, scroll back to last week, etc?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

As expected, the graph snapped to a smaller range once the 30 degree temp fell off the graph. I assume it will snap to an even smaller temp range once the room temp readings drop off. (I had it sitting on my desk for a week or so). It was reading 30° to 81° which made it hard to visually read.

My next question is, is there a way to view this graph other than just this screen? Can I pull it in a separate window or something to zoom in on a specific day, scroll back to last week, etc?

I think they said you will eventually be able to export the data.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They don't have other way to view it yet, but they're working on improving the UI. I think it's the best to express your need via support email, so that they know what people are looking for.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They don't have other way to view it yet, but they're working on improving the UI. I think it's the best to express your need via support email, so that they know what people are looking for.

There also is official FB page if you prefer and they have the support forums which can be found off the Hydros webpage community. Better way to request new features.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that it matters, but I am just curious.

What is the functional difference between the Skimmer Sensor and the Level Sensor?

I see the Skimmer one has a cone shape and the water level has a double prism shape.

Is the base of the sensor curved on the Skimmer sensor, also?

Any other functionality differences when connected to the controller?

Again, not that it matters really. Just trying to understand each part to help with gathering the accessories I want to pick up.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that it matters, but I am just curious.

What is the functional difference between the Skimmer Sensor and the Level Sensor?

I see the Skimmer one has a cone shape and the water level has a double prism shape.

Is the base of the sensor curved on the Skimmer sensor, also?

Any other functionality differences when connected to the controller?

Again, not that it matters really. Just trying to understand each part to help with gathering the accessories I want to pick up.

They function the same the difference is where the cord is.
Skimmer sensor the cord is outside so you can close the lid on the skimmer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back