Hydros Controller - USB

GregDTLA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My Waterbox 70.2 has just cycled. I'm still toying with equipment and I have set up the Hydros controller with two quad4 wifi power strips. I only have two outlets unused and would like to get a filter roller, fuge light, small pump to pump water from the sump to the fuge, and 2 part auto doser. I'd like to do it without adding a 3rd quad4 power strip.

I have all the USB ports still unused. I'm wondering what I can plug into them? Are there any small pumps, fuge lights, dosers that connect via USB instead of 3 pronged outlet?

Thank you

Greg

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My Waterbox 70.2 has just cycled. I'm still toying with equipment and I have set up the Hydros controller with two quad4 wifi power strips. I only have two outlets unused and would like to get a filter roller, fuge light, small pump to pump water from the sump to the fuge, and 2 part auto doser. I'd like to do it without adding a 3rd quad4 power strip.

I have all the USB ports still unused. I'm wondering what I can plug into them? Are there any small pumps, fuge lights, dosers that connect via USB instead of 3 pronged outlet?

Thank you

Greg
If you go with the Klir filter roller you can power it off the power port instead of an outlet.

Nargard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you

Greg
Hey Greg. Did you have trouble pairing your hydros wifi powerstrips to the hydros controller? I'm struggling to get them paired.

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Greg. Did you have trouble pairing your hydros wifi powerstrips to the hydros controller? I'm struggling to get them paired.
Like a lot of smart devices, it struggles with mesh networks. The recommended solution is to get a wifi access point setup with a dedicated 2.4ghz signal. I set one of these up and it's worked like a charm.

Nargard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Did you have issues initially? Is that why you added an access point?

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did some digging and lots of others with mesh networks have the same issue. The power strips would pair with other smart home apps just fine (smart life, Tuya, etc.) over my Eero mesh. They just did not want to pair to the Hydros over the mesh protocol. The solution recommended to me by Carlos was a simple netgear wifi extender plugged into one of the Eero pods and set up as a dedicated access point. This worked perfectly and I can easily select the appropriate 2.4ghz network to run the Hydros system on.

My only gripe is that I wish Coralvue mentioned this in the product literature a bit more, so I could have purchased the extender when I purchased the controller. As it turned out, I had to wait a couple days for the extender to arrive before I could get my new gear up and running.

Netgear Wifi Extender

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did some digging and lots of others with mesh networks have the same issue. The power strips would pair with other smart home apps just fine (smart life, Tuya, etc.) over my Eero mesh. They just did not want to pair to the Hydros over the mesh protocol. The solution recommended to me by Carlos was a simple netgear wifi extender
Interesting. Did you have issues initially? Is that why you added an access point?

Netgear Wifi Extender
@Nargard

I did not have any issues with my Hydros at first, but also picked up a similar Extender (next size up?) for peace of mind. My router and all are on the opposite side of the house and I didn't want to risk it. My Kessil AP9x is a PITA at times due to the range.

From my 2-3 month experience, I have had zero Wifi drops in my Hydros system. I also did not have any issue pairing them to this extender. I would assume this extender helped in that. Well worth the $ in my opinion.

Hello,

Looks like this thread is a little old, but figured I would chime in. Did you check to see if you are able to use any of the Drive and/or 0-10v ports for gear? That may free up some plugs and allow you to connect more without adding that 3rd powerstrip.

Nargard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect by following what @mjcoussens advised by way of Carlos. Quite a relief. I am cautiously optimistic. I have only used the outputs (2 power strips) and one Sense Port for the thermometer so far successfully. I am at the leak test/equipment check/controller set-up at this point. I'm still unclear what equipment you utilize on the 0-10v ports. Still learning.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back