I’m taking applications for algae turf

  • Thread starter Thread starter Miami Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Can you share how that scrubber in the photo works? Is the entire scrubber filled with water or is it a trickle system like a standard scrubber with a screen?

I’m curious if the algae is fully submerged in water.

It's a growth chamber that contains the algae/water to protect the lights, it inserts into the base unit that holds the lights and has the drain connections. Allows you to shut off water, disconnect, remove & take elsewhere to harvest.

I wish I would have kept my V3 I think. Had it before I started a tank and let someone talk me out of use it and sold it.

I was wondering!
 
My Turbo Aquatics ATS I bought secondhand. I have had it about 4 years now but I don't know how long the guy I bought it off had it. I have had a few ATS including a DIY one and a number of Santa Monica ones. For me the TA ATS is the best I have had.
I don't grow GHA but Ulva intestinalis which is a fast growing algae found around the shores of many countries including here in the UK.
If your ATS is growing slime and not the algae you want, don't despair. The slime is feeding on nutrients, just keep removing it and sooner or later algae should grow on the screen. I get a bit of black and orange/yellow slim on my screen and it's not a problem as it is feeding on something in your water you most probably want to reduce.
20251010_134641.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new