I am certainly no expert, BUT.....

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
5,105
Reaction score
8,515
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the “warnings” etc, and what will ultimately happen if it dies/gets stressed, but assuming steady parameters, nothing picking at it, and giving it plenty of flow and space.......

Are Sea Apples prone to drying, and nuking a tank, or is it just a bad rap they get because when they do die, it is ultimately a disaster?

Was eyeing this little guy:

01572097-6B11-4D9E-A247-8CB9184C5780.jpeg
 
Any opinions from those who have had these? or tried? Currently have had long term?
 
I had a co-worker who had one and when it died it released something in the tank and killed everything. I do not know his husbandry skills or if carbon could have helped. Just what I was told.
 
I had a co-worker who had one and when it died it released something in the tank and killed everything. I do not know his husbandry skills or if carbon could have helped. Just what I was told.

Yeah, that's the problem.... I know the horror stories of "when" they die..... I'm trying to figure out their propensity to die..... like Blue-Linkia-esque, or just an "If it happens it sucks, but a stable tank will keep them happy for years" type of thing....
 
From what I understand they are not long lived in the home aquarium. That according to a couple of LRSs
 
To think I sold these at my Pet store knowing they did not live long or even live long term.
They should remain in the ocean than captivity. Theyre beautiful, No Doubt. I Know of only one person that kept it going more several months.-
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new