I bought 2 Kessil A360X and they seem to have different colors. what the heck?

OP
OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: both lights work fine lol, it's just that each colored node is not evenly distributed within the dome, so you might see different colors at different angle if you look at the light (thanks to @Zzyzx ). What I did was tuning each color down to 1 and checked if they all light up just like what @SCReef'n did. So big thanks to you and everyone who helped me here. And I apologize for this unnecessary thread.

Last edited:

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: both lights work fine lol, it's just that each colored node is not evenly distributed within the dome, so you might see different colors at different angle if you look at the light. What I did was tuning each color down to 1 and checked if they all light up just like what @SCReef'n did. So big thanks to you and everyone who helped me here. And I apologize for this unnecessary thread.
The only dumb question is the one that isn’t asked. Definitely not an unnecessary thread, and who knows…maybe someone else will have this same issue, search, and find this thread. I’m glad it worked out for you. I kinda had a hunch as I noticed the same thing with every Kessil I’ve owned. They are phenomenal lights!

OP
OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only dumb question is the one that isn’t asked. Definitely not an unnecessary thread, and who knows…maybe someone else will have this same issue, search, and find this thread. I’m glad it worked out for you. I kinda had a hunch as I noticed the same thing with every Kessil I’ve owned. They are phenomenal lights!
Yes when you mentioned about looking at different angles I immediately went check them out. And you were right!

Thanks a lot @Zzyzx !

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back