Help with Kessil A360X

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two A360X on my 75 Gal. They have been running pretty good for almost 4 years, I have them set up toward the blueish side of the spectrum. But for the last 2 months or so, I have noticed that one of the lights will flicker and be come more purple. But this would eventually go back to matching blue color. But tonight I noticed one side has turned purpleish and won't go back to blue. Any suggestions on why this is happening? I have not adjusted the spectrum or time schedule for over 2 years

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 4 years? What is your daily run cycle?

Only question I'd ask is how are you about maintenance? Turning them off, blowing the dust out, etc? I've read a few cases whereas the flickering is due to heat. Heat can be caused by the dust build up, enclosed canopy, lack of air flow, etc. Not saying that is your case here but when I've read about flickering before that was one indication.

4 years though is a good run. Could always send Kessil a support ticket to get their input as well although warranty is obviously expired. Still they are pretty good to work with in my past experience.

OP
OP
D

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do about 10 hours from 12-10 at night. I will try to get some compressed air and clean out the dust. After reading your post I did look on top and saw a good layer of dust up there. Thanks for the advice

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to be consistently cleaned. At this point they are out of warranty, and Kessil would recommend a deep cleaning. Contact Kessil and they will give instructions on how to deep clean your lights.

wccbr1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my Kessil A360W's die out after a few years as well. I contacted Kessil and after some troubleshooting they said they were fairly confident that it was the power supply although they wanted me to ship them back for evaluation. Unfortunately since I'm not in the US, I was reluctant to do so and purchasing a single power supply through them would've been expensive with shipping and duties. I swapped my power supplies around since I had two of the same unit plus one of the A160 (different power supply) and it would work for a while and then act strangely again. In the end, I have kept one of the A360 working and the other is sitting on a shelf since it won't work with either power supply. Paying for international shipping, customs fees and repair was going to cost me nearly as much as a new light so I never sent it away. It seems it was most likely a driver issue but I can't be sure. I now have a hybrid T5 fixture over my tank instead.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 years on a kessil is way longer then you should expect it to last.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back