I bought from algae barn.....and nothing, then.......

heatherjeff2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received some different types of pods from algae barn. At first when I added everything I had nothing. But now I have millions of different types. But what type is this. Seems to grow large and I want to make sure they are coral safe because it's amazing how many of this type are in my tank. Can't be a hitchhiker because I have not bought new coral in a while. There are many different sizes. Also on top of that I seem to be scraping algae almost everyday just to keep the glass clear what can I do. Will adding chaeto to my refugium help?
1000000604.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the containers at home I beleive two of them were Galaxy and the others were the 5840 or whatever number it is
5784 according to the Hebrew calendar? :cool:

I asked once if I could get the job of counting the pods going into each jar at AB.

They said no thanks.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received some different types of pods from algae barn. At first when I added everything I had nothing. But now I have millions of different types. But what type is this. Seems to grow large and I want to make sure they are coral safe because it's amazing how many of this type are in my tank. Can't be a hitchhiker because I have not bought new coral in a while. There are many different sizes. Also on top of that I seem to be scraping algae almost everyday just to keep the glass clear what can I do. Will adding chaeto to my refugium help?
1000000604.jpg
Munnid isopod

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the containers at home I beleive two of them were Galaxy and the others were the 5840 or whatever number it is
The Isopods did not come from either of those (unless the cultures were contaminated)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back