I came home from work to find that my entire epex system had stopped working. The base unit will not connect to the internet and will not reset (cycle

Redzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work to find that my entire Apex system had stopped working. The base unit will not connect to the internet and will not reset (cycles through green and flashing blue on its own but will not fully reset when I press the reset switch). Most equipment connected to the apex including radion lights, Cor return pump and Vortech circulation pumps stopped working however skimmer (plugged into apex as well) continued working. Guidance is appreciated.
Have restarted Cor as stand along pump and thermostat as well but wondering next steps for the Apex system.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try Factory Reset? If it doesn't work, contacting Neptune Systems support or/and vendor would be next step.
You can also try to connect to wired network.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one good example of why you should utilize the Fallback statement on all critical components.
Fallback ON
Will ensure that your return pump and vortech pumps will continue to run when communication is lost for whatever reason.

This is likely why your skimmer is still running.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back