OP
AKreuzer

AKreuzer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look more green if you shine a flashlight on it(regular "white" light vs. Red)? Also appears to have cyano growing on/in it. Mine looks alot like yours and has been healthy/ growing for about 8 years, never dying off. And it is a nice deep green viewed with flashlight
Good call! Definitely green under a strong white light led flashlight

Re: cyano....knock on wood I've never had a cyano outbreak....there has been a few times I jmhave thought I've seen it growing between rocks but it never manifested to anything

Attachments

• 20231206_200415.jpg
    20231206_200415.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 28

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call! Definitely green under a strong white light led flashlight

Re: cyano....knock on wood I've never had a cyano outbreak....there has been a few times I jmhave thought I've seen it growing between rocks but it never manifested to anything
If i were to guess, you don't have cyano outbreaks because your refugium is full of it(giving it a place to grow instead of in the display). Imo, this is what a refugium is all about. The ugly stuff is in every tank, give it its place to grow so that it doesn't grow where you don't want it. I never understood the concept of a pretty refugium or sump for that matter. Everything needs its place.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Responses in Yellow above....is there more that I should be doing? This is where I think something isn't adding up....Im doing the things without the results. FWIW the skimmer and rollermat are in the recommended depths of water in the sump
Your nutrients are on the high side but nothing to lose sleep over if they're stable and your tank inhabitants are doing well.

Many run successful tanks with nitrate and phosphate higher than yours.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait what? I do love me some tito's but that's new to me....ill do some googling on that
Do alot of research and move slow if you decide to go that direction. As stated above, these numbers do not require quick decisive action. Regular/ more frequent/ larger water changes will likely go a long way. A reckless or impatient hand and any form of carbon dosing can devastate your tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back