I figured out how to keep astrea snails upright

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,699
Reaction score
33,655
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You read it correctly. I can take my snails and drop them into the water and they will land right side up. The trick is to let them grow massive amounts of hair algae on their shell.
20221024_172644.jpg

And they kinda wobble down to the bottom like they have a parachute. Reminded me of this , tho if your younger you probably didn't get to watch it when we had 3 channels of television.

Screenshot_20221024-173357_Chrome.jpg


Does this mean my snail shells are releasing phosphates :thinking-face: the are growing as much as the rocks lol
 
Very clever.
 
Since we have all had really hairy snails is it ok if we share in your good fortune.
 
Since we have all had really hairy snails is it ok if we share in your good fortune.
Absolutely. I wasn't aware everyone had hairy snails. I thought I was onto something special. Now I'm bummed :downcast-face-with-sweat: I guess maybe I'm just now experiencing hair algae like it is meant to be experienced :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
Absolutely. I wasn't aware everyone had hairy snails. I thought I was onto something special. Now I'm bummed :downcast-face-with-sweat: I guess maybe I'm just now experiencing hair algae like it is meant to be experienced :face-with-tears-of-joy:
It's a right of passage in reefing like a snail initiation. If you start braiding it then please seek professional help.
 
Absolutely. I wasn't aware everyone had hairy snails. I thought I was onto something special. Now I'm bummed :downcast-face-with-sweat: I guess maybe I'm just now experiencing hair algae like it is meant to be experienced :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I came here looking for how to clean mine off , 😂 😂 leave it then ? Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new