I finally got the par meter. sps experts Help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter renato120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Alk 10
Ca 450
Mag 1300
Nitrates 5
Po4 0
Salinity 1.025


Need po4. Or less alk. One or the other. The corals want to grow because of the high alk, but can't because of the lack of nutrients. That equals burnt tips. Also happens from alk rising too fast, like when people over dosed alk through ato failures...
 
Lighting numbers are on the good low end.
Its not a lighting issue :)

totally agree--that is fact IMO :>

I QT my sps in low lighting <200 par tanks for 2 months and although they do not color up, they do not die because lack of lighting-- you need to look at the usual suspects--ALK instability/lack of flow...

Mark
l
 
Wish I could afford a par meter to check my readings.
The Biotek par sensor is affordable. It is the same sensor as the Apogee Par Meter just without the handheld.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new