I got a Ember Blenny for $35!

immaman2011

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2022
Messages
486
Reaction score
384
Location
Connecticut, United States 🇺🇸
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I've been trying so hard to get a good picture of him outside the bag but he's still tank shy, just introduced him today. He was pretty darn big already in the LFS, he's probably around 3 to 4 inches long....surprised I got him so cheap. I looked online and I've seen that they are rare and go for around $220 for medium to large size. Anyone have one of these guys? I decided to go with this one instead of the starry that was on my list. One positive that I've read on this one is that it requires meaty foods in its diet so it'll make it easier to care for him.
 
Hey guys,

I've been trying so hard to get a good picture of him outside the bag but he's still tank shy, just introduced him today. He was pretty darn big already in the LFS, he's probably around 3 to 4 inches long....surprised I got him so cheap. I looked online and I've seen that they are rare and go for around $220 for medium to large size. Anyone have one of these guys? I decided to go with this one instead of the starry that was on my list. One positive that I've read on this one is that it requires meaty foods in its diet so it'll make it easier to care for him.
Never mind, he died from transfer stress.
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
10-15 nitrate
1.025 salinity
79.4 average temp
Also have an ammonia badge that says safe
Tested salinity with a hydrometer and a refraction meter
No clue what happened
🤷‍♂️
Only thing I noticed is he was breathing hard at the LFS
Changed my water just to be sure, for the rest of the fish I have in there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new