I hate birdsnests

  • Thread starter Thread starter duke62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

duke62

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
755
Reaction score
886
Location
new york
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually love them. They are great to fill in the bottom and rear of the tank but they grow so fast and they don't encrust. After a few months the glue dries out and the weight of the birdsnest knocks the coral off every time, then to glue a colony back in place is like nailing jelly to the wall :) just had to vent ****
 
Seriatopora is the kind of coral that you can love and hate.
They Grow Fast, and Die off fast,
They're colorful but Acro's are better.
So i feel you, but i dont. lol. :)
 
Yeah, they become "tumble weeds" some species of seriatopora do encrust well- hystrix typically do not but some do-I always have a place for my birds/stylo,s/poc,s among the acro,s in the tank
 
I love bringing frags of green birds nest to my lfs. I bring 4-6 frags every month over. Good store credit maker!
 
Haha that's what it becomes a tumble weed lol. When I glue/epoxy them back I always end up breaking branches off it's so annoying lol. Plus the 2 I have are so pointy I end up ripping through my glove almost every time also.
 
I've had the same issue with some acros too, like my red dragon for example.
 
Haha that's what it becomes a tumble weed lol. When I glue/epoxy them back I always end up breaking branches off it's so annoying lol. Plus the 2 I have are so pointy I end up ripping through my glove almost every time also.
I,m pretty sure what I have now all grew out of a pile of broken branches! on the pointy note a few years ago I had a huge colony above a derasa clam-broke loose and speared my clam! had that clam for years r.i.p...lesson learned
 
I,m pretty sure what I have now all grew out of a pile of broken branches! on the pointy note a few years ago I had a huge colony above a derasa clam-broke loose and speared my clam! had that clam for years r.i.p...lesson learned
Buggerrrr! That's awful to hear.. I was already paranoid about having corals hang over top of all my clammies... now even more.
 
Buggerrrr! That's awful to hear.. I was already paranoid about having corals hang over top of all my clammies... now even more.
Yep, I was heartbroken-no more sand bed clams -I keep the maximas in the rocks level and above any pointy fragile corals!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new