I hate frag racks

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally with you, personally I can’t stand frag racks mounted to the front panel, too me just annoying. Acceptable on the side for me.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, I hated frag racks, had to add them and now I like them for some reason.

new tank looks great brotha. you didn’t mention that you’d be filling it up with GSP, Texas trash palys, red Monti cap and pink birds nest.
That was going to be the surprise ending. Thanks for ruining it for everyone else.

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to a 40 gallon breeder 3 weeks ago for my frags and it is already full.
fullsizeoutput_f2.jpeg
I was actually curious about the labels on the back..outside the tank? Are those pics of each frag? Oh... the little things

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually curious about the labels on the back..outside the tank? Are those pics of each frag? Oh... the little things
Inside the tank, all zoas. Mounted on a frag disc, mounted on 1x6 tile, leaned up on the back glass

Brittmcoleman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t stand them. I don’t like anything on the viewing panels and that’s the only place to put them in my tiny a55 tank. So I spent this beautiful Sunday on my knees vacuuming out my sump, rearranging my rats nest of chords and plumbed this 6 gallon cube that will hold all of my frags.
161A9778-CF50-411D-A78D-53091E304CCA.jpeg
I see something very beautiful in the right corner of the photo.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 frag racks and love them. Couldnt be happier with Reefrax frag racks. They are the only ones I would use in a DT.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these to put the frags in the DT while deciding where they should go. I don't use the ceramic plugs but you can put any plugs in the holes.

20181023_224150_1800x1800.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 frag racks and love them. Couldnt be happier with Reefrax frag racks. They are the only ones I would use in a DT.
Those are pretty cool and would be easier to look at than the normal racks but they don’t look as good as nothing on the glass. And my objective is a safe healing space away from fish and snails. If they do fall out they won’t fall into rocks covered in zoas, gorgonians and acans.

qldbulldog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t stand them. I don’t like anything on the viewing panels and that’s the only place to put them in my tiny a55 tank. So I spent this beautiful Sunday on my knees vacuuming out my sump, rearranging my rats nest of chords and plumbed this 6 gallon cube that will hold all of my frags.
161A9778-CF50-411D-A78D-53091E304CCA.jpeg

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken to 3d printing all my own frag racks for my tank (everything in the 10 gal is angry because I just moved everything around to put the frag racks in). I use PETG and it's not done any harm to my tanks, my cuc has no issues wandering around on the racks and it's been lovely overall. Only downside is the racks are slightly boyant for a while, so if there's not at least 1 frag on them, they float away :p I also made some that clip onto egg crate and will mount vertically, which has been delightful for saving space.

tbh though, I don't have a display tank as such - i kind of just have lots of different systems with random stuff thrown all over the place and growing. It's chaos, but it's my chaos XD

10 gal.jpeg

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it plumbed directly into your sump. Can u share pics of the plumbing. Would like to replicate

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back