I hate my protein skimmer

It surprises me that you had trouble with the reef octopus. They have always been great to me. I spent way to much money on my vertex and wish I could go back to octopus. I hope that the epoxy was the problem. Maybe some carbon will help it settle faster
 
My husband, bless him, drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the collection cup of the skimmer. He then ran a flexible tube down to a three gallon jug...no more overflow issues. I check it once a week and dump it.
 
Something you should remember is that oils from your hands or food effect the skimmer. When you are doing your maintenance, your hands are in the tank, you're stirring stuff up, and basically disrupting the normal process of the skimmer. Stop adjusting your skimmer after you do the water change and wait for it to get back to where it was before you mucked it all up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new