I heard a new ORA coral has been released!!!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are the same', i go the green years ago and it turned more thin branching and yellow in my tank

justin231

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks ddr. We've put a ton of work into it, and appreciate the support of the hobbyists who support it.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool site. A local LFS that has a lot of ORA (from years back, too) has something I'd like to hvae ID'd. It's an older one on the cylindrical white plug, I think. Branches are thin and it's almost tabling (only about 4" in diameter colony). The base color is electric green and it has a fuschia/pink upper-esp coralites (under VHO). I'll see if I can get a picture of it...

I

inactive

View Badges
Aww none of my ORA photos I submitted got selected :( I have a few that are not up there yet. :p

bobzreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Marvin has a decent mark up, he does have a large store with lots more overhead now. But everyone of his employees knows what the hobby well and knows what they are talking about. You are paying a bit more, but getting one of the best lfs around.

my guess, and a complete guess, is that the main ora corals are 15, new releases 30, but they may be discounts based upon how many you buy and how many clownfish you get, etc.

The way I heard it, ORA won't even sell you corals unless you buy their clownfish first. I think in some circles, they call that extortion. But I'm sure in reef circles, we would just call it 'hard-nosed business practices'.

bob

I

inactive

View Badges
ORA prices vary from 10 bucks to 40 bucks a coral 1/2"+ frag. Somethings like Miami Orchid go for cheaper.. things like Red Planet and Bellina for for 29.95 and what not.

200$ of fish first!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back