I hope this is now what I think it is!!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please tell me this is not Bryopsis. This some is starting to show up everywhere. Alittle help IDing would be greatly helpful.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kill the blues and give us white light pics so we can see what color that stuff is. I don't think it's Bryo, but better pics will give us a better base to start with. If you pull a piece out does it maintain it's shape or turn to slime?

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like bryopsis. If you pull a piece out, does it hold it's shape or does it turn to green slime?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like bryopsis.... I had it too. Used fluconazole to get rid of it. Bryopsis was all gone in 2 weeks. One dose.

fluconazole.jpg

OP
OP
Reef man 89

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like bryopsis. If you pull a piece out, does it hold it's shape or does it turn to green slime?
It's hard to tell because there is hair algae on it as well. But when I pull a some out some does hold its shape and some turn a to slime.

Looks like bryopsis.... I had it too. Used fluconazole to get rid of it. Bryopsis was all gone in 2 weeks. One dose.

fluconazole.jpg
Where did you get that bottle of algae buster?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell because there is hair algae on it as well. But when I pull a some out some does hold its shape and some turn a to slime.

Where did you get that bottle of algae buster?
Mine was from amazon.

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, ya got the mean, green combo. The slime is GHA, the not-slime is bryopsis. The Fluco will do it in. Check your nutrient's. Bet they're elevated.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back