i just bought the photon v2 48 but may need to return to RB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have not opened the package because i think i made the wrong choice and should have purchased the aquasanrise plus R120 instead... i need 2 units for my mixed reef (heavy to sps) and dont know which system is better choice? glad i did not hit purchase on the second unit just now...waiting on reply from reefbreeders to see if i return this photon and get 2 units aquasanrise or buy another photon????

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pretty much boils down to personal preference- the sanrise has an app to control it which allows you to do a lot more with the programming.

However the V2 has a higher light output (ie higher par numbers) and is much heavier in the blue spectrum. In addition it is simpler to program if you are not all to familiar with tech stuff.

If you need 2 lights anyways, perhaps you may consider just mounting the 48-v2 over one half of the tank, and the sanrise on the other.

We do a 60 day, free of charge exchange period on all of our lights, so you can take a little time to weigh the pros and cons then decide which light works best for you.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back