Noopsyche k7 V3 or the Reefbreeders photon 32

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings

Its time to purchase my lights, Lighting suggestions for my tank 90 gallons 36x24x24 with a hood, Lighting requirements would be to keep BTAs happy

Looking at 2 or 3 Noopsyche k7 V3 or the Reefbreeders photon 32 or a better suggestion?

I had looked at the AI Blades but there seem to be issues with them

Noopsyche is running a sale now so the cost wise goes to the Noopsyche but I want to
purchase my lights one time instead of keep having to upgrade and buy over and over again

Running 2 of the Noopsyche or 3 Noopsyche, 2 of the running higher or 3 of them running lower settings to get the same parr. 2 or 3 fixtures

Any insights would be great

Thanks

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen great tanks with both lights. To me if you plan to run more of the blue spectrum I would go @noopsyche lights and if u want more white I would go reefbreeder. I have a 48 inch reefbreeder and a k7 mini and the mini is definitely set up for more blue then white but both would do great. @Zach B has a great tank with noo psyche lights and things grow like crazy.

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what Ive read, the mini is bluer than the K7 Pro. One of the reviews said the white on the mini seemed to be added as an afterthought. The mini doesn’t have the warm white, red or green LED’s. The k7 has 9 colors and the mini has 4.

That said, I’ve never seen either of these lights in person but I did just order two of the k7’s for my 40. They seem (I hope) to have everything that I was wanting in a light, decent price, decent power, programmable adjustable spectrum and intensities through the day and an app.
IMG_1131.jpeg
IMG_1130.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back