i mean REALLY? WHY?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first, I want to define my demeanor as a pro customer/consumer, I have never, or will ever be pro-company. I believe in informing whoever is reading this as a fair heads up.

Company-You went into biss to make money and keep the consumer happy. I salute you, that's hard, BUT your problems (company) are your own, your #2 goal; other than making bank, should be to ease the life of your consumer, keep it simple. SOOOOOOOO

why can I not just select a pic or video on my computer and upload it to my dashboard? the info implies it can be done.
I mean REALY? why is uploading a pic from your computer so complex?

what is configured media?
how do you drag and drop?
why is uploading a pic or video from my computer and upload it to my dashboard so complex? oh, I have already said this once.
why force people to use online storage media only?
alot of social media and others allow you to upload from your own PC.? J.S.

Here's my understanding ------if I want to use this feature I need to upload my pics or videos somewhere online then copy its link to the media URL? OOOOOOO.MMMMMMMM.GGGGGGG. WHY?

I'm sure there is a reason. but at first, glance it does not appear you're easing the life of your consumer? in a time where being forced into things is not going over well within America, I hope you understand why I ask this question.

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first, I want to define my demeanor as a pro customer/consumer, I have never, or will ever be pro-company. I believe in informing whoever is reading this as a fair heads up.

Company-You went into biss to make money and keep the consumer happy. I salute you, that's hard, BUT your problems (company) are your own, your #2 goal; other than making bank, should be to ease the life of your consumer, keep it simple. SOOOOOOOO

why can I not just select a pic or video on my computer and upload it to my dashboard? the info implies it can be done.

why is uploading a pic or video from my computer and upload it to my dashboard so complex? oh, I have already said this once.

Here's my understanding ------if I want to use this feature I need to upload my pics or videos somewhere online then copy its link to the media URL? OOOOOOO.MMMMMMMM.GGGGGGG. WHY?

I'm sure there is a reason. but at first, glance it does not appear you're easing the life of your consumer? in a time where being forced into things is not going over well within America, I hope you understand why I ask this question.
Hello

You sound frustrated, so I want to help. I can't tell if your frustration is at technology business interfaces in general or R2R specifically.

For R2R using computer, I click 'attach files' button that then lets me select saved files from my PC so since that has been working so well, perhaps you do not mean R2R.

Hope your day gets better

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It needs to be shared I'm guessing, because the controller company doesn't want to pay for hosting all of your photos and videos.... You must host them somehow and then upload the media url. The controller company isn't a hosting service.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feel your pain here. Pretty ridiculous in this day in age. Pictures are hard enough. Video on your dashboad... forget about it.

Last edited:

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

You sound frustrated, so I want to help. I can't tell if your frustration is at technology business interfaces in general or R2R specifically.

For R2R using computer, I click 'attach files' button that then lets me select saved files from my PC so since that has been working so well, perhaps you do not mean R2R.

Hope your day gets better
copy paste works as well!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain here. Pretty ridiculous in this day in age. Pictures are hard enough. Video on you dashboad... forget about it.

Yes sorry video is a booger. It's supposed to be a "core function" of our software but it doesn't work very well. That is something we are working on. Sorry about the frustration. Photos are super easy though with multiple ways to add them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yes sorry video is a booger. It's supposed to be a "core function" of our software but it doesn't work very well. That is something we are working on. Sorry about the frustration. Photos are super easy though with multiple ways to add them.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring to a controller dashboard, not r2r.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was referring to a controller dashboard, not r2r.

Well we stink at it too! :p Thanks for clarifying though!

Video is tough on many levels but one being the sheer amount of space to handle all that data from all those people!

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
srry all for making you wonder about the source of my frustration, but it is not with R2R.

here's a hint The dashboard colors are orange, white. I'm trying to avoid naming names I want to stay on point with the feature, not company bash.

someone said it I believe ------"controller company doesn't want to pay for hosting all of your photos and videos" AND THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE TO BE TRUE...

a pro-company feature rather than a pro customer/consumer feature. aka
Inconvenience the public rather than the company. if you leave the masses to wonder about it we will assume our conclusions are logical since no other explanations can be found.
Hosting media must not be a big deal almost EVERYONE minus the unnamed is doing it.

as i get more educated in this hobby I'm starting to wonder why I was so star-struck by this company when shopping. it will be the little things that make me exit stage left if I decide to do so.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd guess it's less to do with them not wanting to host the files as it is the controller wasn't designed with the amount of internal 'free memory' and processing power to accommodate the media files. maybe when a newer 'base unit' comes out, but i'd doubt it because the masses don't have an issue with it.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 110 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back