I need an explanation please...

Shameless_Dood

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
252
Reaction score
280
Location
Saginaw
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it the frags which are encrusting the best, showing good PE, good color, always and I mean ALWAYS the ones that get knocked off and have to be rescued and remounted? The thing obviously likes where he's at, he's growing! But no, he's got to fall, get rescued, handled, re mounted, and hopefully not too damaged or stressed out in the process.

I've rescued the same frag twice in the last month....just about the time he starts growing again, I've gotta find him. I'm OVER IT!

Ok rant over.;Blackeye
 
Tangs love knocking mine off the rocks... or fragging for me... Epoxy/super glue mix can help out
 
Lies. That stuff sticks to everything but the rock and the frag plug.;)
Superglue gel epoxy superglue gel(bsi ic-gel)

You have to press the epoxy into cracks/holes to make it strong it doesn't just stick to the outside well. I can lift up a whole rock holding it by the frag with this method... so when my tangs run into it the coral snaps rather than the whole thing falling.
 
Frag putty pushed onto and into the rock and frag deeply inserted into putty works very well. Gel super glue works well for glueing new frags to plugs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new