I need help identifying Dino’s through my microscope

  • Thread starter Thread starter malcb76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

malcb76

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
8
Location
Sacramento
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help identifying the microscopic photos that I believe may be Dino’s. ( The Round shaped organisms). They seem to disappear overnight (or maybe not? so I’m suspecting Dino’s, but no strings or bubbles at all. I have lowered lighting for over a month now and the sand bed has gotten better, issue seems to be resolving. No UV installed yet. I run a skimmer , reef mat 1200, 2 MP 40s, 3 Radion XR 15s. Thanks for your attention !

525xl running over 8 mos
Nitrate 6.8
Phos .11
Cal 430
Mag 1350

IMG_9422.jpeg IMG_9420.jpeg IMG_9424.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9421.mov
    29 MB
Please help identifying the microscopic photos that I believe may be Dino’s. ( The Round shaped organisms). They seem to disappear overnight (or maybe not? so I’m suspecting Dino’s, but no strings or bubbles at all. I have lowered lighting for over a month now and the sand bed has gotten better, issue seems to be resolving. No UV installed yet. I run a skimmer , reef mat 1200, 2 MP 40s, 3 Radion XR 15s. Thanks for your attention !

525xl running over 8 mos
Nitrate 6.8
Phos .11
Cal 430
Mag 1350

IMG_9422.jpeg IMG_9420.jpeg IMG_9424.jpeg
The still image looks like bits of stuff with maybe one cell present.
 
That’s consistent with the other slides I looked at. Is the cell Dino?
It does not appear to be a dinoflagellate. Maybe just a random protozoa.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new