I need help tuning my swc 160

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmp21677
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jmp21677

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
672
Reaction score
283
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been messing around with this thing forever! Does anyone have tops for dialing this thing in? Water is 7-8". Should the intake be all the way open? Where do you run your water level? Seems like during the day it does well and at night it will overflow the cup? Who can help me out?
 
Could you post up a picture of it so we can see if there is anything obviously off. I have the SWC Extreme 200 and was/is very easy to adjust, about 3/4 closed position and in 9.5" of water. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Todd
 
There are plenty of bubbles. I just can't seem to get the water level right. The air intake should be open as much as possible right?
 
Did you ever get this Skimmer settled in ??? A wide open intake lowers your water level so may be the problem, mine is approx 1/4 open if that.

Cheers, Todd
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new