I need help with lighting!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
276
Reaction score
119
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just purchased a 36 x 24 x 24 rimless tank, I am going to have mostly sps and maybe a few Lps and zoas. I love mh and t5 combo, so I'm looking at a Cebu fixture from Hamilton. The first one is a 36" 2x 250 and 4x t5 and the second is a 36" 1x 400 with 4x t5. I just want some opinion on what fixture the community thinks I should go with. Any input is appreciated and if you have a different MH x t5 combo in mind let me know!

Cheers
Chris
 
Love my Cebu! LED just can't touch it for SPS.
 
D2mini what size is your tank and what model is the Cebu you have? Do you have a tank build thread? Trying to figure out what model to go with.
 
D2mini what size is your tank and what model is the Cebu you have? Do you have a tank build thread? Trying to figure out what model to go with.
Tank size is in my sig. 200g. 84" x 24 x 24
So I have the 72" model with M80 Ballasts and 250w Radiums.
 
Thank you! Amazing! What do you think I should run 36" Cebu with 2 x 250 or a single 400 Cebu?
 
I would go with 2, 250's...
If one fails you can limp along for a bit until you replace the defective component, with one unit you have a single point of failure.
 
Ya, go for the dual.
You'll have more even spread of light and you don't need the penetrating power of the 400 with a 24" deep tank. :)
 
Thank you for your input d2mini, I just placed the order for the duel 250! Thank you again everyone!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new