I need some help in Miami!!!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a zoa colony of gorilla nipples that is dying off and I can't figure out why. I've dipped in coral Rx and lugols with no improvement. I've already lost another colony entirely. What I need help with is fragging what's left of this colony to save the healthy polyps. I'm a newcomer to coral (but an aquarist for years) and am afraid to frag zoas because of the palytoxins and also just don't know how. Would anyone be willing to help me? I'd be happy to share some of the healthy polyps as a thanks! I live close to the Science museum and could meet there if convenient. I would deeply appreciate any help or advice on what to do to save this colony!!

Uchris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a zoa colony of gorilla nipples that is dying off and I can't figure out why. I've dipped in coral Rx and lugols with no improvement. I've already lost another colony entirely. What I need help with is fragging what's left of this colony to save the healthy polyps. I'm a newcomer to coral (but an aquarist for years) and am afraid to frag zoas because of the palytoxins and also just don't know how. Would anyone be willing to help me? I'd be happy to share some of the healthy polyps as a thanks! I live close to the Science museum and could meet there if convenient. I would deeply appreciate any help or advice on what to do to save this colony!!

Give me a shout. Sent my number thru a message. Would be glad to help, have you treated for zoa pox, or flashed a light at night to see if there are tiny bugs on them?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back