I received a box of rocks today.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the original thread a day or two back and knew it would be yanked within a day or two. We can have wood workijg reefers and electeician reefers and DIY reefers but god forbid we have LBGTQ reefers. Disappointed as I usually am when anything is removed in the name of “Family”. Not sure what family the mods/owner come from but mine includes most of the letters noted above.

Love ya Bud!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why i love you Brian. Your fire and compassion for your children is second to none. Logan is lucky to call you father, and we are lucky to call you friend. Huge hug bud. <3

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian, every family has its share of family issues, whether they choose to share them or not. I'm no exception. One thing is for certain, no matter what those issues happen to be, we love our children!! The love for your children is very evident in the pictures you post. :)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know folks, I have not been on R2R much lately. This is mostly due to changes and busy-ness in my life. I came on just now for whatever reason and was drawn to a highlighted post by @revhtree .

I have no idea what the post was referring to and had nothing to do with whatever the “incident” was. In the post he wrote this:

My 13 year old son is transgender. He knew he was a boy since he was 2 years old. He was certainly never too young to understand who he really was. To suggest otherwise offends me.

Yes, this is basically a reefing forum. I always thought it was a lot more. It was to me anyways. I have made friends here that have changed my life. We share more than our reefs on R2R. We stick together and support each other. We laugh and even cry. We do not fear doing this. It is when R2R is at its best.

I have been censored before here. I told myself it is a privately owned site and defended the Rev as having every right to do whatever he wishes. I cannot defend, support or even stomach the above statement. It is ignorant. The fact it was used with such ignorance to support censorship is doubly appalling. Sad thing is, I kind of knew this was how some staff felt and yet I remained here. I won’t make that mistake again.

This post, maybe my whole thread, will be deleted by those who cannot accept, understand or tolerate others who they consider different. That is okay. I expect that. All that matters to me is that my son knows I love and accept him in every way.

I LOVE YOU LOGAN!
DAB64AA8-D735-4B69-BC69-3892939847A6.jpeg

Full text link
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/regarding-a-recently-removed-thread.785502/

Merry christmas, Brain!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know folks, I have not been on R2R much lately. This is mostly due to changes and busy-ness in my life. I came on just now for whatever reason and was drawn to a highlighted post by @revhtree .

I have no idea what the post was referring to and had nothing to do with whatever the “incident” was. In the post he wrote this:

My 13 year old son is transgender. He knew he was a boy since he was 2 years old. He was certainly never too young to understand who he really was. To suggest otherwise offends me.

Yes, this is basically a reefing forum. I always thought it was a lot more. It was to me anyways. I have made friends here that have changed my life. We share more than our reefs on R2R. We stick together and support each other. We laugh and even cry. We do not fear doing this. It is when R2R is at its best.

I have been censored before here. I told myself it is a privately owned site and defended the Rev as having every right to do whatever he wishes. I cannot defend, support or even stomach the above statement. It is ignorant. The fact it was used with such ignorance to support censorship is doubly appalling. Sad thing is, I kind of knew this was how some staff felt and yet I remained here. I won’t make that mistake again.

This post, maybe my whole thread, will be deleted by those who cannot accept, understand or tolerate others who they consider different. That is okay. I expect that. All that matters to me is that my son knows I love and accept him in every way.

I LOVE YOU LOGAN!
DAB64AA8-D735-4B69-BC69-3892939847A6.jpeg

Full text link
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/regarding-a-recently-removed-thread.785502/

This hits close to home for me as well. I’m struggling with it, a lot, tbh. For the time being I’m still here (obviously) because I truly enjoy helping others. It feels more like a bad habit now that I want to... not... be a part of something that doesn’t welcome or accept who I am, but I haven’t the courage.

Back I go into the place I store my clothes.

(Hopefully this comment isn’t breaking any rules, that’s as family friendly as I can be)

PS, you will be missed. Thank you for all your help over the years. Also thanks for sharing Logan’s story. Best wishes for you both!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!

And Happy Birthday!

Be safe and be well.
All God's love for your children!

From another member of the family.
@norfolkgarden My friend! Where have you been!!!!!!?????? I have missed you and was just thinking about you the other day!!!!
p.s. our friend Brian has quit R2R. Sadly, but necessary for him.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back