I tanked my Phosphates with Microbacter Clean.. Do I have Dino's now?

Voodoo288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm right in the ugly phase with my 3 month old Biocube 32g. I've been fighting back my hair algae with Microbacter Clean for about 3 weeks now. I just realized you don't really want Nitrates and Phosphates to actually hit 0 (definitely a newbie mistake). Currently sitting at 10PPM Nitrates and 0 on a Hanna Phosphorus ULR, don't think you can go lower than that haha.

I need help identifying if this is the start of Dino's or am I misidentifying hair algae or cyano

IMG_1801.jpg IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1800.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1802.mov
    4.2 MB

Kai K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on raising PO4.
When your PO4 is up and balanced with your NO3, boost your bacteria, pods and phyto as much as possible and outcompete the dino's.

Your tank is only a couple of months old, so this type of imbalance is not out of the ordinary and will probably happen a few more times as your tank slowly swings towards an equilibrium. It's just a matter of recognizing the signs early on and taking long term measures.

OP
OP
Voodoo288

Voodoo288

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on raising PO4.
When your PO4 is up and balanced with your NO3, boost your bacteria, pods and phyto as much as possible and outcompete the dino's.

Your tank is only a couple of months old, so this type of imbalance is not out of the ordinary and will probably happen a few more times as your tank slowly swings towards an equilibrium. It's just a matter of recognizing the signs early on and taking long term measures.
Should I dose Microbacter7 again and boost it that way?

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yuppers if you really had 0 phos you would be phosphate bound no nitrates

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have GHA is probably caused by raised phosphate levels and as its used up you will get a zero test reading

So if you want an hair algae garden just keep adding phosphate If not look into phosphate removal methods or more frequent water changes

You dont need to dose anything all you have to do is maintain water quality and parameters thats it.

oh and just noticed this is an old thread…

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 31 16.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back