I think I beat my dinos but...

Danyole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first run in with dinos and luckily was able to beat them with a in-tank UV sterilizer but i've noticed cloudy water ever since my UV has been on. I've read that it's due to the dead microorganisms in the water that my UV zapped. So my question is... it safe to assume I nuked my copepod colony? About a week before the dino outbreak I added four 16oz of Algaebarn Ecopods directly to my tank :downcast-face-with-sweat:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first run in with dinos and luckily was able to beat them with a in-tank UV sterilizer but i've noticed cloudy water ever since my UV has been on. I've read that it's due to the dead microorganisms in the water that my UV zapped. So my question is... it safe to assume I nuked my copepod colony? About a week before the dino outbreak I added four 16oz of Algaebarn Ecopods directly to my tank :downcast-face-with-sweat:
Copepods are not harmed by UV.

They live on surfaces, not in the water column

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think UV is going to kill your pods, they are pretty hardy. If you added that much you should see them in the sand or on the glass at night.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back