I think I misidentified this…

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,269
Reaction score
7,768
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought this from Petco on an impulse thinking it was a sinularia. After looking at it bit more, I’m thinking it’s just a Kenya tree coral….thoughts?
IMG_5238.jpeg
 
Still looks like a Sinularia to me the stocks, branches and polyps look consistent with Sinularia, I just haven't seen one so white before. It's kinda neat.
 
Wow, I have never seen a white sinularia! I hope you share some pictures as it grows out.
 
The color is what struck me the most. I figured likely bleached but it looked otherwise healthy. Couldn’t pass it up for $20. I’ll keep you guys posted as it grows out.
 
Keep us posted how this coral is doing. I also think it is bleached and I am not big fan of buying corals from Petco as I do not believe they take proper care of them.
 
Following to see how the coral does!
 
technically Sclerophytum; all Sinularia (except S. brassica) were reclassified to Sclerophytum around ~2022
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new