I think my Anthias just spawned.

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in the video is after spawn took place but it shows basically what goes on every night about this time. The male was doing his dive bomb thing and then one of the females rushed up with him and they corkscrewed and a small cloud released into the flow. All other fish, including the 2 that spawned started frantically eating something. I can only assume this was a spawn?
Edit: sorry the video is crappy blue but that's the only time they do this.

 
Here in the video is after spawn took place but it shows basically what goes on every night about this time. The male was doing his dive bomb thing and then one of the females rushed up with him and they corkscrewed and a small cloud released into the flow. All other fish, including the 2 that spawned started frantically eating something. I can only assume this was a spawn?
Edit: sorry the video is crappy blue but that's the only time they do this.


Yep, looks like it; spawn after sunset begins and both eat the fertilized eggs is the normal pattern.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new