DSCI0011.jpg

DSCI0012.jpg

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it really that hard to still get these?

There are people on the local forums in MI selling these pretty frequently. Granted you have to pay an arm and a leg, but they are widely available.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great. As far as if its easy to get them, I posted on my local forum that I wanted some and didnt get one response. So I guess it depends on your area. There are also lots of almost hornets floating around. In the end I just ended up getting a polyp from Gary at reefpets. I would rather pay a premium (ebay auction), have the correct lineage and not worry if they were real or not. But by the looks of that 3 polyp frag you got some good ones.

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually i have 4 polyps and the guy i got them from said they originaly came from aqua sd. Gonna frag soon i think but kind of affraid.

Cherish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've seen, the single polyps from Gary have consistently been going for over $100 each every week! That just blows my mind. I mean, I LOVE zoas, and those are definitely nice ones, but not that much.

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep they do look like hornets, often mistaken as AOI (actually its other way round, AOI often mistaken for hornets lol)

AOI has a thick yellow ring around a small mouth where as hornets have very thin ring around larger mouth...... also faded AOI turn grey whilst hornets turn purple, basically both showing loss of the blue....

Back