I thought they were palys but...

freshy&salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I saw these little polyps start to grow around the tank. I originally thought one of the paly colonies was just spreading but now that theyve had some time to grow, I not so sure now.
Under the blues they glow green and none of my other palys do. They havent developed the green, orange, or kinda yellow centers like any of my others.
And they seem alot shorter.
This is the pic I just took tonight and they are the brownish things with the little neon yellow mouths. There is one on the upper left that is closed. Its the little green button above the orange/red palys.

Any ideas what those are? Should i get em out?

Also I can get some pics in the daylight tomorrow.
20181016_212651.jpeg

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also you probably are aware of this, but if they are majanos you want to nuke them because they spread like wildfire and sting corals. Mixing kalk with rodi water into a thick paste then slathering them with it using a needle with your powerheads off has been most effective for me. It will create a white shell that should dissolve the amemone. After a month or so if you find the shell unsightly you can remove it and they should be gone

OP
OP
freshy&salty

freshy&salty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majanos is what i was thinking. Ill get some more pics when i get home from work.
Yeah. Im really pretty sure theyre Majanos. [emoji35]
They sure did pick an extremely disguised spot to start up. At the start they look almost identical to the palys right infront of them, but then they didnt develop any color and stayed runty.
Sure wish I knew how they got there. Im actually pretty ocd about dipping and qt before moving anything in.
And since Ive never actually had em in a tank before, I have a feeling I unintentionally let them grow into what will be a heck of a battle.
20181017_165538.jpeg
20181017_165236.jpeg
20181017_165546.jpeg

Back